Sunday 8 June 2014

Good and Evil

Dear Reader,

After a weekend of carnival antics I was posed with the problem of expressing my views on 'good' and 'evil'. I blurted out various aspects of my point of view on the topic, but feel I need to write down the essence of what I feel about it. For my own clarity of mind if nothing else.

Right, here I go.

Firstly I have to state that I have a total belief in the continuation of ones soul after the moment of 'death'. Death to me is to be looked at like a doorway rather than a full stop, where we end up going after stepping through depends on the knowledge and intention we have gathered on our journey through the physical world. I follow the law of 'Do what thou wilt', essentially meaning that everybody can do as they please as long as they do not interfere with anybody else's free will.

'Love is the law, love under will'

This is relevant because it has a massive impact on the way I view everything, including what is good and what is evil. I shall concentrate on the latter as that is what people seem to have a problem with.

The human condition is one of duality. Everything we do always boils down to whether we should or whether we shouldn't. From the smallest decisions, 'Do I fancy Tea or Coffee?', to the biggest, 'Should I kill my Fathers murderer or not?'. However we can only ever go one way, if we adopt the suffocating attitude of 'I dunno' we never get anywhere at all. People make choices, it's how we walk ourselves through the chaos to come. Sometimes people make choices that make other people feel sick, because they like to think they could never do something like that. A reactionary judgement is cast upon another soul because of their chosen action. They are condemned because their decision does not fit in with the current status quo, though is it not more important to try and understand why they made that choice? However disgustingly horrible it may at first seem? And much more importantly should the person feeling so emotionally repulsed by another's deed not ask themselves, why do I feel this way? Why does that make me so uncomfortable? Perhaps they do not ask because they are scared they might see aspects of themselves in the condemned. We make judgements based on the information we are fed, often knowing nothing of the truth on the matter, but rather just one viewpoint.

I watched a vice documentary on a place in the northern coast of Columbia where young boys fuck Donkeys. Good or Evil? At first I was repulsed, however then I put myself in their position growing up in a place where that is perceived to be the norm and came to conclusion that if I were raised there from birth, I would fuck a Donkey. One hundred percent. 

Nature knows not good nor evil, the point being they are concepts which only exist in the human mind. We invented them, this is our duality. The aim for us is to unite our opposites finding balance, so attempting to understand that which we think is evil is crucial. Try it, contemplate the thing you fear the most without judgement,  you may be surprised at the conclusion you come to. Remember, there is a difference between understanding and condoning.  

I cannot say that I do not cast judgements because I do, all the time. I project my own insecurities onto others and react accordingly. These are my problems which I work on and it is all part of the great undoing, if you don't change then you are dead already.

In this age of emotional repression and nervous insecurity there will always be people who 'pop' and commit vile acts, imposing their corrupted will upon others, turning fantasy to reality. However instead of getting angry and crying out for the return of the death penalty, maybe a study of the sad fool's life may reveal how we can spot signs and help those who are heading in a similar direction. Providing hope or release before it is too late.

Prevention is better than cure.

Peace be upon you dear reader,

Rednaxela










No comments:

Post a Comment